Just 6% Take 2nd Jab Under Door-to-door Vax Campaign | Pune News – Times of India


banner img

PUNE: The Har Ghar Dastak drive (door-to-door vaccination campaign) against Covid-19 infection has received lukewarm response from the beneficiaries across the state, with only 8.80 lakh (5.9%) of total 1.48 crore eligible people (over the age of 18) taking the second shot under the initiative.
The drive was resumed on June 1.
State health report suggested that only around five districts (Dhule, Jalgaon, Gondia, Nashik, and Ratnagiri) saw a double-digit response, which too was below 20% of the eligible beneficiaries covered. The rest of the districts showed poor response, the report said.
The response has remained similar in the 60-plus age group too, wherein over 53 lakh senior citizens were due for their precaution doses. Of them, only around 7.95 lakh were administered the booster jab.
State immunization officer Sachin Desai said the last day of the drive is July 31. “But, there is no clarity if the drive will be extended further,” he said.
Sanjay Patil, chairman, IMA’s Hospital Board of India, Pune chapter, told TOI, “The core of the vaccination remains the immunization sites. We think more number of such sites needed to be included in the campaign.”
On the daily vaccination front, the state recorded inoculated 1.60 lakh beneficiaries across 5,010 government and private vaccination sites till 7pm on Thursday. Maharashtra now has administered a total of 17.28 crore doses so far.

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA

FacebookTwitterInstagramKOO APPYOUTUBE





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *