The exam was conducted in two shifts :-
First Shift started from 09:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Second Shift started from 02:30 PM to 04:30 PM
You have successfully cast your vote
The General Studies I exam was conducted in the morning session while the CSAT exam was conducted in the afternoon session.
As a part of the Civil Services Preliminary examination, the candidates had to appear for two papers, both based on objective type questions, for 200 marks each. UPSC Prelims General Studies I Question paper carried 100 marks. The Candidates have to score a minimum of 33% in UPSC Prelims General Studies II exam.
More than one lakh candidates had appeared for the Civil Services Prelims Examination. The preliminary exam was the first stage for UPSC Civil Services 2022 recruitment. The Candidates, who had appeared for this test and get qualify in the prelims examination, would be eligible for the mains exam.
It is to be noted that the prelims is only a qualifying stage and marks secured in the preliminary exam will not be counted in the final merit list. The final merit list will be prepared based on the marks secured in the main exam and personal interview.
This year, the Quantitative Aptitude Section had questions from time and work, sequence and series, time and distance. Even the question paper included recent greatest pandemic – coronavirus, Aarogya Setu app and the other questions were based on Indian culture and heritage. According to the candidates, reasoning questions were time consuming, but solvable. Some candidates are confirming that in comparison of last year, this year CSAT questions were easier and straightforward on the contrary many candidates found the paper to be tougher than last year as well.
Important Note :-
1. Electronic devices, mobile phones, smartwatches, and other related items were banned inside the exam halls.
2. The candidates had to produce the printout of their e-Admit Card at the allotted Venue for appearing the Examination.
3. The candidates were required to carry Photo ID card for appearing at each session of the examination.
4. The candidates need to enter the examination venue 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
5. There was no dress code for the exam day mandated by UPSC Prelims 2022 but the valuable and costly things were not allowed inside the examination hall.
The UPSC Prelims question paper 2022 PDF is available here below :-