Filmfare Awards withdraw Kangana Ranaut’s nomination after ‘false accusations’, she says ‘see you in court’


After Kangana Ranaut said that she will sue a leading magazine for nominating and inviting her to their awards show, the magazine revoked her nomination. Kangana was nominated for the Best Actress Awards for her film Thalaivii. In a fresh statement, the association have also called the actor’s accusations ‘false’. (Also read: ‘Pitted against mediocre work’: Kangana Ranaut is miffed at being nominated for Best Actress with Vidya Balan and others)

In a long statement, they said, “As is customary during the awards, Filmfare’s Executive Editor informed Ms. Ranaut about her nomination in the Best Actor in a Leading Role, Female category and asked for her address to send across the invitation.”

They also shared an excerpt from their message to Kangana, which read, “Hello Kangana, heartiest congratulations on your nomination for the Filmfare Awards. It’ll be a pleasure to have you there, do confirm your presence at the awards ceremony on August 30 at Jio World Convention Centre at BKC, Mumbai. It’ll help us plot your seats. P.S. Please send us your residential address so that we can send you the invite. Regards.’ “At no time was there any insinuation of an award being given to her or any request for performance at the event made,” the statement continued.

“This is a patently false accusation being made by Ms Ranaut. Our invitation to her was our effort in bringing together everyone in a collective celebration of what brings this nation together, i.e. Indian Cinema. Filmfare Awards are a celebration of cinematic excellence and are awarded irrespective of the fact that a nominee attends or performs at the function. Further, Ms. Ranaut a 5-time Filmfare Awardee, was given the award twice in absentia (2014 & 2015). Despite knowing that she would neither attend nor perform.”

They also revoked her nomination. Given the irresponsible remarks made by Ms. Ranaut about Filmfare Awards, we are withdrawing her Best Actress nomination for the movie Thalaivii. We reserve all rights to pursue any legal action against her malicious and defamatory statements tarnishing our reputation and goodwill.”

Earlier in the day, Kangana said, “I’ve banned unethical, corrupt and totally unfair practices like @filmfare since 2014, but since I have been getting many calls from them for attending their award function this year as they want to give me award for Thalaivii… I am shocked to know that they are still nominating me. It is beneath my dignity, work ethics and value system to encourage such corrupt practices in anyway, that is why I have decided to sue @filmfare … thanks.”

Reacting to the statement from the magazine, Kangana wrote, “@filmfare has finally withdrew my bets actress nominations, thanks to everyone who supported me in this fight against corrupt system but this doesn’t stop me from taking legal action against them…my endeavour is to put an end to these unethical practices and stop such malicious award shows…see you in court @filmfare.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.