Sonali Phogat Dead: Sonali Phogat, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and TV actress died of a heart attack in Goa. She breathed her last on Monday night. Phogat was 42. She had contested the last assembly election on BJP’s ticket from Adampur Assembly constituency against Kuldeep Bishnoi, who recently switched over from the Congress party to the Bharatiya Janata Party. Speaking to the Times of India, her brother Watan Singh Dhaka confirmed her demise.Also Read – Robbery at Bigg Boss 14 Contestant Sonali Phogat’s House, Rs 10 Lakh Cash, Gold, Licensed Revolver Stolen
She is survived by her daughter, Yashodhara Phogat. In December 2016, Sonali lost her husband Sanjay Phogat. Her husband died at the age of 42 under mysterious circumstances in his farmhouse.
WHO WAS SONALI PHOGAT?
- Sonali Phogat was a native of Bhuthan Kalan village in Fatehabad district, Haryana.
- She made her TV debut in 2016 with serial Ek Maa Jo Laakhon Ke Liye Bani Amma.
- Phogat was last seen in Bigg Boss 14. She had entered as a wildcard contestant and gained immense popularity.
- She was also a popular TikTok star.
- Phogat was the also vice president of Mahila Morcha of BJP, Haryana.
- She was also in-charge of scheduled tribe morcha in Delhi, Punjab, Haryana & Chandigarh
- She was in a Haryanvi film Chhoriyan Chhoron S Kam Nahi Hoti.
- She has been a part of several Punjabi and Haryanvi music videos.
- She was last seen in a web series, The Story Of Badmashgarh (2019).
SONALI PHOGAT’S LAST SOCIAL MEDIA POST
Hours before her death, Sonali had shared a couple of pictures and videos on Twitter and Instagram.
— Sonali Phogat (@sonaliphogatbjp) August 22, 2022
In the Instagram video, she is seen covering her face with a pink dupatta and is acting on Mohammad Rafi’s song ‘Rukh se jara nikab to hata do mere hazoor…’.
In 2020, Phogat had courted controversy for thrashing a public servant in Hisar. She was caught on camera slapping and thrashing Hisar district’s agricultural market committee official Sultan Singh in Balsamand area. Following the incident, the BJP leader was booked for rioting, obstructing public servant in discharge of duty and other charges.